- This event has passed.
2021 ECOS Fall Meeting
2021 ECOS VIRTUAL Fall Meeting
Better, Faster, Smarter: States at the Cutting Edge
September 8 at 12:00-5:30 p.m. Eastern
September 9 at 12:00-5:15 p.m. Eastern
This virtual gathering will showcase innovative ways that states and our partners are strengthening environmental programs and building better agencies, particularly in the aftermath of the pandemic. Through lively discussion and videos, participants will explore creative efforts on cross-cutting issues. Areas of focus include data, water, air, agriculture, infrastructure, PFAS, materials management, and environmental justice.
Register here by August 6 to receive the Early Bird rate of:
- $250 ECOS Member or State Association
- $300 Federal Government or Alumni Association
- $350 Other
Rates increase $50 after August 6.
Breakout: Oil & Gas Caucus
- Presentation: Steven Hamburg, Environmental Defense Fund
- Presentation: Kim Mendoza-Cooke, Occidental
- EPA Press Release on Public Listening Sessions and Trainings on Upcoming Oil and Natural Gas Methane Rule
- Occidental’s Letter to the Energy and Commerce Committee
- Occidental’s Low Carbon Leadership
Breakout: Digital Business Workgroup
- Presentation: Jason Brune, Alaska DEC
- Presentation: Matt Pincus, National Association of State Chief Information Officers
Keynote: Poppy MacDonald, USAFacts
- USAFacts State of the Earth Report
- E-Enterprise for the Environment
- ECOS Results
Keynote: Gloria Montaño Greene, USDA
Roundtable: Ramping Up Environmental Infrastructure
- Presentation: Scott Thompson, Oklahoma DEQ
- Presentation: Michelle Walker Owenby, Tennessee DEC
- Presentation: Jennifer Dodd, Tennessee DEC
- Oklahoma Water Quality and Water Loss Report and Summary
- Tennessee DEC’s Personal Air Sensor Project Storymap
Breakout: Land Management for Water Quality
- Presentation: Steve Malone, Ohio EPA
- Presentation: Eric Saas, Ohio DNR
- Presentation: Carter Strickland, Trust for Public Land
Breakout: State-DOD Collaboration on PFAS
- Closed session to states, DOD, and EPA. Email Sarah Grace Longsworth for Secretary Kidd’s slides if you are from one of these entities.
Keynote: Janet McCabe, U.S. EPA
Roundtable: Honing PFAS Risk Communication
- Presentation: Kirk Koudelka, Minnesota PCA
- Presentation: Jim Kelly, Minnesota DOH
- Presentation: Ann Pierce, Minnesota DNR
- Presentation: Jennifer Levitt, City of Cottage Grove
Roundtable: New Approaches in Plastics Recycling
- Presentation: Serena McIlwain, California EPA
- Presentation: Anne Germain, National Waste & Recycling Association
- California’s Market Development and Remanufacturing for a Circular Economy
Innovation Award Videos
- Data Management & Digital Business
- PFAS and Materials Management, Air, & Environmental Justice
Follow @ECOStates on Twitter for updates on the Fall Meeting, and tweet about the event using the hashtag #ECOSFall21.
- For registration questions, contact Paulina Lopez-Santos.
- For agenda and sponsorship questions, contact Lia Parisien.