- This event has passed.
2022 ECOS Spring Meeting
2022 ECOS Spring Meeting
Engaging for Action
Oil & Gas Caucus
Deepening Engagement with Disadvantaged Communities
Lunch Keynotes by NC Governor Cooper & U.S. EPA Administrator Michael Regan
Forging Public-Private Infrastructure Solutions
Radhika Fox Nutrient Reduction Announcement
Keynote on Electric School Bus Initiative
Lunch Keynote on RiverLink
Engaging on the World Stage
By February 18:
- $675 member/state
- $775 federal/dues-paying Alumni Association
- $875 other
Add $75 for registration 2/19-3/18. Add $50 more after 3/18.
Final Registration Deadline is March 30!
- Cancellation by 2/18 is subject to $35 fee. Non-emergency cancellation after 2/18 is non-refundable.
- ECOS cannot comp attendees who plan to attend one session only, unless they are speakers for that session.
To reserve a room in the Omni Grove Park Inn Sammons or Main Wings at the special ECOS group rate of $249 (single/double, plus $40 per additional adult), call (800) 438-5800, or book online. Please see additional booking details below:
- The ECOS reservation cutoff at the Omni Grove Park Inn is March 4 at 5 p.m. Eastern. Reservations received after this date, or after the block is filled, are subject to prevailing rates and availability.
- The ECOS room rate is available three days post and prior to the meeting dates, based on availability.
- One night’s deposit at time of booking is required to confirm all reservations. Deposit will be forfeited if reservations are canceled less than 7 days prior to arrival.
- There is a one night’s room & tax early departure fee for rooms checking out prior to the departure date.
- Check-in time is 4 p.m., and check-out time is 11 a.m.
- Daily resort charge is $10 per night. It covers toll-free and local calling, in-room high speed Internet access, entrance to the Sports Complex, in-room coffee and tea, on-property shuttle, and more.
- Current overnight parking charges for in-house guests is $18 daily for outside self-parking or garage parking and $25 daily for valet parking. Separate parking charges apply for day guests.
Important Update as of March 15: The ECOS room block at the Omni Grove Park Inn is full, and the hotel is no longer allowing ECOS to arrange rate transfers within the block. If you need a room, reserve directly with the hotel at the regular rate in the general inventory. To cancel a room within the block, please also do so with the hotel. Feel free to email Lia Parisien with any questions.
- Attendees have a choice of three airports: Asheville Regional Airport (AVL), which is 17 miles and approximately 24 minutes to the hotel but requires a transfer flight from most cities; Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP), which is 65 miles and approximately 1 hour 22 minutes from the hotel; and Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT), which is 125 miles and approximately 2 hours from the hotel.
- The hotel recommends contacting taxi and transportation companies directly to book transportation to and from the resort. A list of services and companies can be found in the FAQ section at the bottom of this page.
- To be added to the ECOS rideshare list for transportation from or to AVL, GSP, or CDI, please email Paulina Lopez-Santos and provide your arrival and departure times and cell phone number and indicate whether you plan to rent or ride.
In accordance with Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance and Omni Grove Park Inn policy, mask use for the event is optional. Should the CDC’s current determination of low community spread in Buncombe County change, however, ECOS reserves the right to update its mask policy.
To help safeguard the health of attendees, meeting registrants and dinner reception guests must use the CLEAR App to upload either a COVID vaccination card showing fully vaccinated status (booster recommended but optional) or proof of a negative PCR test (see timing and instructions below). This information will be kept confidential and will be accessible only to ECOS’ third-party verifiers. Attendees without a resulting CLEAR Health Pass/QR code will not receive a name badge to enter the meeting.
Before the Meeting:
Using a mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.), download the CLEAR App in the Apple App Store or Android App Store, select “Create a Health Pass,” enter organization code EFATTENDEE101, follow steps to enroll, and either:
Upload by March 30 your vaccination card showing fully vaccinated status (occurs two weeks following completion of a two-dose mRNA series or one dose of Janssen vaccine; booster recommended but optional), or
Upload by April 2 proof of a negative PCR test taken no sooner than March 31 at one of CLEAR’s partner pharmacies (contact Connor MacCartney for a full list).
To ensure that your vaccination or test record is accepted by CLEAR, complete the Day-of Health Survey upon enrollment to generate your first Health Pass/QR, valid for 24 hours. You will be able to renew this Health Pass/QR on your first day of the meeting.
If you already have a CLEAR profile, you will only need to enter the event code and follow steps to receive your Health Pass/QR.
On the First Day You Attend the Meeting:
Before you enter the meeting area, follow instructions in the CLEAR App to create a new Health Pass/QR code, which will have expired 24 hours from the time it was first generated. When you enter the meeting area, please have your CLEAR App open. ECOS staff will be stationed ahead of the registration desk on April 4 to scan the QR code on your device.
We’re excited to again use a mobile app for the meeting that will serve as your one-stop shop for meeting information and resources, including the full agenda (in lieu of paper copies) and interactive polling. Ahead of the meeting, please download the Guidebook app to gain access to this up-to-date information, and be sure to enable the app to send you “push notifications.” If you already have the app downloaded from a past meeting, go directly to the 2022 ECOS Spring Meeting Guide, or once inside the app, click on “Find Guides” and search for “2022 ECOS Spring Meeting.”
We are aware that there may be difficulties downloading the meeting app on some government-issued phones. If you are unable to download the meeting app on your personal or work phone, please reach out to Sarah Grace Hughes so we can arrange an alternate way for you to participate.
Open to all registrants, the April 4 dinner and cash bar reception is included in the registration fee. Registrants wishing to bring a guest may contact Paulina Lopez-Santos by March 30 to arrange payment of $150 per guest. In order to pick up a nametag at the registration desk by April 4 at 5 p.m., guests must be cleared through the CLEAR app according to the schedule above.
Follow @ECOStates on Twitter for updates on the Spring Meeting, and tweet about the event using the hashtags #ECOSSpring22.