- This event has passed.
2022 ECOS Fall Meeting
2022 ECOS Fall Meeting
Taking Innovation to New Heights
ECOS Innovation Awards
Environmental Programs & Agency Management Category
- Video Presentation
- Texas Diversity Mentoring Program
- Kentucky Drone Program
- Honorable Mentions:
- Wyoming Innovation and Collaboration on Air Quality
- Arkansas Natural State Environmental Program
- Louisiana Air Monitoring and Outreach
- Maryland Fish Collection and Tissue Sampling for PCBs
- Virginia Expert Panel on Bristol Landfill
- South Carolina Dam Safety Program
Water & Equity Category
- Video Presentation
- Washington Partnership with the Nisqually Tribe to Restore the Mashel River
- New Jersey Youth Inclusion Initiative
- Honorable Mentions:
- Missouri ARPA Scoring Matrix
- Arizona Small Water System Fund
- Colorado Water Quality and Equity at the Suncor Refinery
- North Carolina Water and Wastewater Funding
- Wisconsin Use of BIL Funding to Enhance Water Infrastructure and Promote Equity
- Oklahoma Lead Testing in Schools and Child-Care Facilities
Breakout #1: ECOS Oil & Gas Caucus: Innovative Moves on Methane & Air Emissions Reduction
- Presentation: Jim Kenney, New Mexico
- Presentation: Jon Goldstein, EDF
- Presentation: Angela Zivkovich, Oxy
- Presentation: Isabel Mogstad, BP
- Presentation: Ashley Campsie, Evergreen Environmental Engineering
- Presentation: Howard Dieter, Jonah Energy
- Poll 1: Alternative monitoring technologies approved in states for measuring air emissions
- Poll 2: Technologies states use to ensure compliance
Remarks by Jim Kenney on New Mexico’s Groundbreaking Solutions on Wildfire & Drought
Roundtable: Resiliency Approaches to Storms, Sea-Level Rise, & Wildfires
- Presentation and Case Study on Hurricane Maria: Enio Russe-Garcia, On Point Strategy
- Fact Sheet on Funding Drought Resiliency Projects with CWSRF: U.S. EPA
- Florida Resiliency Bills
Remarks by Colby Manwaring, Autodesk on Digital Solutions to Drive Decarbonization & Resiliency
State-Federal Leadership Dialogue with Janet McCabe (U.S. EPA) and Myra Reece (South Carolina)
- Video: U.S. EPA Research Partnership with States
Breakout #1: ECOS Infrastructure Workgroup
- Resource: Links to New SRF, BIL, Community Grant, and Justice 40 Resources, U.S. EPA
Roundtable: Fresh Ideas for Revitalizing the Recycling System
Roundtable: New Ways to Think & Act Locally to Promote Equity in Air & Energy Decisions
By August 12:
- $675 member/state
- $775 federal/dues-paying Alumni Association
- $875 other
Add $75 for registration 8/13-9/09. Add $50 more after 9/09.
Final Registration Deadline is September 14!
- Cancellation by 8/12 is subject to $35 fee. Non-emergency cancellation after 8/12 is non-refundable.
- ECOS cannot comp attendees who plan to attend one session only, unless they are speakers for that session.
*** If you reserved a hotel room in the ECOS block at the Grand Summit Hotel that you need to cancel, please contact Sarah Grace Hughes (email@example.com) of ECOS so that she can arrange a per diem room rate transfer to the next person on the ECOS waiting list.
*** Note: The Grand Summit Hotel is undergoing Homeowners Association-ordered installation of heated pavers along the main drive and pool. Upon arrival at Canyons Village, follow signs to enter the hotel lobby through the parking garage. To compensate ECOS attendees for this disruption, the hotel has agreed to lower the daily resort fee to $10 for all ECOS attendees, regardless of whether they are reserved within the ECOS block. The reduced fee covers guest parking (one vehicle per room), WiFi and coffee/tea service in rooms, and use of the pool at the adjacent Sundial Lodge. By the time of guest checkout, the hotel will issue a $25 per day refund of any $35 daily resort fee deposits already billed to individual credit cards on file. Please review your hotel invoice carefully upon checkout.
Rooms can be reserved by phone or online. To reserve by phone, call 855-332-1601 and choose option 1, then option 3 to reach the line dedicated to making reservations for group guests, available daily from 8am-5pm MT. Mention the ECOS Meeting 2022 or code BPCECO22 to reserve a room at the Grand Summit Hotel at the special ECOS group rate of $199 per night, plus applicable taxes and resort fees.
You can also book online here. Online reservations are manually built, and can take up to 48 hours to be completed.
Please see additional booking details below:
- The ECOS reservation cutoff at the Grand Summit Hotel is August 19. Reservations received after this date, or after the block is filled, are subject to prevailing rates and availability.
- All reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card and a $49 deposit at the time of booking with 100% due 3 days before arrival. All payments are non-refundable.
- Cancellations made within 3 days of arrival will result in a cancellation fee equal to the entire reservations period and all applicable taxes and fees.
- Check-in time is 4:00 p.m. and check-out time is 11:00 a.m.
Please also see these activities and transit information from the hotel:
- Mountain Activities
The nearest airport is Salt Lake City International, located about 33 miles and 36 minutes from the hotel. Visitors can park their own vehicle or enjoy free valet parking. Taxis and Ubers from the airport should be readily available, but it is recommended that you schedule ride service in advance for your return as availability at the hotel may be limited.
We’re excited to again use a mobile app for the meeting that will serve as your one-stop shop for meeting information and resources, including the full agenda (in lieu of paper copies). Ahead of the meeting, please download the Guidebook app to gain access to up-to-date information and meeting resources, and be sure to enable the app to send you push notifications. If you already have the app downloaded from a past meeting, go directly to the 2022 ECOS Fall Meeting Guide, or once inside the app, click on “Find Guides” and search for “2022 ECOS Fall Meeting.”
Also, we are aware that there may be difficulties downloading the meeting app on some government-issued phones. If you are unable to download the meeting app on your personal or work phone, please reach out to Sarah Grace Hughes so we can arrange an alternate way for you to participate.
ECOS may issue a compulsory COVID policy for the 2022 Fall Meeting closer to the time of the conference.
Follow @ECOStates on Twitter for updates on the Fall Meeting, and tweet about the event using the hashtag #ECOSFall22.