Press Release on ECOS Member Letter to Congress on Water Infrastructure Funding, September 20, 2023
ECOS Member Letter to Congress on Water Infrastructure Funding, September 20, 2023
ECOS Summary of Congressional Appropriations FY24 funding for EPA
House Committee on Appropriations full committee markup, July 19, 2023
Senate Committee on Appropriations full committee markup, July 27, 2023
ECOS Written House Testimony on FY24 Budget for U.S. EPA
Senate Testimony, May 24, 2023
House Testimony, March 17, 2023
ECOS submitted testimony to the U.S. House and Senate Committees on Appropriations, Subcommittee on Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies. The testimony addresses FY24 Appropriations for the U.S. EPA, specifically, ECOS asked for increased funding in four main areas that support core delegated work as well as support for per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) and a request related to Community Project Funding/Congressionally Directed Spending (CPF/CDS):
- increased funding for the State and Local Air Quality Management Categorical Grant (Sections 103, 105, and 106)
- increased funding for the Water Pollution Control (Section 106) Categorical Grant
- increased funding for the Resource Recovery and Hazardous Waste Categorical Grant (RCRA Subtitle C), and
- increased funding for the flexible Multipurpose Categorical Grant
- increased funding to states to build capacity and infrastructure to implement and enforce PFAS-related regulations
- that CPF/CDS not be taken off the top of Clean Water State Revolving Funds (CWSRF) and Drinking Water State Revolving Funds (DWSRF) and that Congress maintain and increase SRF funding levels
ECOS Summary of President’s Budget Request for U.S. EPA
On March 9, 2023 the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) released the President’s Budget Request for Fiscal Year (FY) 2024. OMB requested a U.S. EPA funding level of $12.1 billion. ECOS’ Summary Chart provides detail on requested funding levels by EPA program and for the State Tribal Assistance Grant (STAG) Infrastructure and Categorical Grants. See U.S. EPA FY24 “Budget in Brief” and “Congressional Justification” documents which provide further detail beyond ECOS’ chart.
ECOS Letter to OMB on FY24 Budget
On September 7, 2022, ECOS met with the White House Office of Management & Budget (OMB) regarding FY24 budget development and state-U.S. EPA collaboration. ECOS members that attended the meeting highlighted a number of priorities. See letter below for more information.
- ECOS Followup Letter to OMB, submitted on October 7, 2022.