Recent historic federal investments in the country’s infrastructure create opportunities for states to access new funding and also challenge states to track information associated with funding from many different sources. ECOS will use this page to share relevant information for states interested in resources about federal infrastructure investments, including the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), the Infrastructure and Investment Jobs Act (IIJA), also known as the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL), and the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA).
Since the available funding spans many federal agencies and media areas, this collection of resources is a central location for information about funding opportunities, including announcements of funding availability, applications and deadlines, published guidance documents, informational webinars and fact sheets, and other resources. This information should assist states with the process of tracking various funding opportunities and make it easier to take advantage of and communicate about available funding that is appropriate for their state’s needs and communities.
Upcoming Milestones & Funding Deadlines
- Available Now: U.S. EPA BIL Emerging Contaminants Small or Disadvantaged Communities Grant (EC-SDC) program allotments and implementation document to guide development and submission of grant workplans to regional offices with states encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible
- Climate Pollution Reduction Grants (CPRG)
- General competition:
- April 1, 2024: Complete applications must be submitted through Grants.gov to be considered for funding
- Tribes and territories only competition:
- March 1, 2024: Optional Notice of Intent to Apply due to CPRG@epa.gov
- May 1, 2024: Complete applications must be submitted through Grants.gov to be considered for funding
- General competition:
- March 19, 2024: U.S. EPA deadline to submit applications for Grant Funding to Address Indoor Air Pollution at Schools
- April 8, 2024: U.S. EPA deadline to apply for nearly $83 M in Air Monitoring Grants.
General Information on Funding
This section includes links and important, high-level information about various available funding from BIL, ARPA, and the IRA.
This overview of current and upcoming funding opportunities from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and Inflation Reduction Act is maintained and updated regularly by the U.S. EPA.
This interactive map allows users to explore the the impact of infrastructure related investments made under BIL to advance health, equity, and resilience of communities.
This webpage provides links to seven funding tracker sites with details on available funding, application deadlines, and other key information that potential climate pollution reduction grant applicants may find useful.
Information on how the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law’s funding is being used across the country.
Information on the funding available under the law, as well as an explanatory document that shows, in as much detail as currently available, program-by-program information.
Additional Resources on BIL, IRA, and ARPA Funding
Filter Resources By
State Environmental Agency Websites on BIL, IRA, and ARPA
- Colorado Infrastructure Investment & Jobs Act Information
- Connecticut BIL and IRA Updates
- Investing in Delaware’s Infrastructure
- Florida Information on the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and SRF
- District of Columbia Federal Infrastructure Plan with Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Funding
- Iowa Energy & Infrastructure Funding Hub
- Kansas Infrastructure Hub
- Better Kentucky Plan
- Louisiana Infrastructure: Building the Bayou State
- Maine Bipartisan Infrastructure Law
- Michigan Federal Funding Technical Assistance
- Michigan Infrastructure Office
- Minnesota Information on the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
- Mississippi Municipality & County Water Infrastructure Grant Program
- Nevada Infrastructure Investments
- New Hampshire DES Infrastructure Funding
- New Jersey Water Infrastructure Investment Plan
- North Carolina Water Infrastructure
- Ohio Infrastructure Funding
- Pennsylvania Information on the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
- Rhode Island Summary of Infrastructure and Investment Jobs Act and Inflation Reduction Act Funding
- Tennessee DEC’s Water Infrastructure Investment Plan
- Texas Infrastructure
- Washington Building Infrastructure
- West Virginia Infrastructure Hub
- Wisconsin Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Funding
Related ECOS Committees
ECOS created the Infrastructure Workgroup in 2022 to improve communication with and among states about the influx of federal infrastructure funding opportunities, to identify barriers to accessing or disseminating funding, provide feedback to U.S. EPA and other federal partners, and share best practices among states.
Infrastructure Workgroup Steering Committee Members
- Bob Scott, New Hampshire
- Shawn LaTourette, New Jersey (Chair)
- Myra Reece, South Carolina
- Leo Henning, Kansas
- Trisha Oeth, Colorado
Infrastructure Workgroup ECOS Staff Members
- Beth Graves
- Layne Piper
- Julia Henderson
ECOS launched the Climate and Energy Workgroup in November 2022 to promote integrated, successful, adaptable, and sustainable environmental solutions for reducing carbon pollution, advancing clean energy economies, and increasing the resiliency and vibrancy of communities and ecosystems.
Climate and Energy Workgroup Steering Committee Members
- Katie Dykes, CT (co-chair)
- Todd Parfitt, WY (co-chair)
- Julie Moore, VT
- Jim Kenney, NM
- Brian Rockenseuss, IN
- Laura Watson, WA
Climate and Energy Workgroup ECOS Staff Members
- Kurt Rakouskas
- Rachel Matney