This week, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) reached out to public with tips that are relatable to many – ways to go green with your pet. An infographic posted online by TCEQ outlines six easy ways pet owners can keep their pets happy and healthy while lowering their environmental impact.
- Make the safer choice– choose eco-friendly products to clean-up after your pet.
- Take a walk– instead of driving to a dog park, opt to take a walk, which will not only lower your greenhouse gas emissions but save you money on gas
- Reuse old bedding and towels– rather than throwing away old towels and bedding, reuse them as lining for your pet’s crate or to dry them off after a bath
- Pick up pet waste– pet waste is a top contributor to bacterial pollution in urban watersheds
- Buy eco-friendly pet toys– choose a toy made from recycled rubber or other recycled materials
- Donate items for reuse– keep items like crates, toys, and beds out of the landfill and donate them to pets in need
To view the infographic and learn more about how you can go green with your pet, click here.