This week, Illinois Governor Pritzker signed groundbreaking legislation into law that puts the state on a path toward 100% clean energy, reportedly making Illinois the first state in the Midwest to enact comprehensive legislation to combat the climate crisis. After more than a year of energy working group meetings, this bill brings together ideas from a diverse range of stakeholders.
The bill accomplishes the following goals:
- Combats Climate Change and Invests in Renewable Energy
- Invests in Workforce Development
- Establishes Transition Programs and Assistance
- Ensures Consumer Protections Are at the Forefront
- Establishes Illinois as a Clean Transportation Leader
- Expands Ethics Reforms
- Ends Formula Rates
Learn more here.