Like many state environmental agencies around the nation, the Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) partnered this week with nonprofit and governmental groups to celebrate the 14th annual Air Quality Awareness Week with a focus on this year’s theme, Better Air, Better Health.
Adopting U.S. EPA’s daily format, DEQ emphasized a particular air quality topic each day with a goal of encouraging people to check the Idaho Air Quality Index (AQI) daily:
- Monday: Wildfires and smoke
- Tuesday: Asthma and your health
- Wednesday: Where is your AQI coming from?
- Thursday: Air quality around the world (and in Idaho)
- Friday: Air quality resources for families and teachers
Idaho DEQ also encouraged citizens to follow the hashtag #AQAW2020 to learn how they can help protect Idaho’s air.