EPA's ORD Holds Tools Café for States
EPA's Office of Research and Development held a Tools Café for ECOS members at the 2015 ECOS Fall Meeting. Information on the tools featured is available here.
EPA Response to 2014 Survey of State Research Needs
EPA's Office of Research and Development has provided a comprehensive response on work they are conducting or have completed related to state research needs identified in the 2014 survey (see below). The following documents are related to this response.
High Level Summary
Tools Dashboard for Response
Response to ERIS 2014 States' Research Needs Survey
2014 Survey of State Research Needs
Throughout the summer and fall of 2014 the ERIS Board conducted a two-part survey looking at state interactions with EPA's Office of Research and Development and on state research needs. A summary of the results of that survey are available here.
The Environmental Research Institute of the States (ERIS) is a 501(c)3 education and research non-profit that supports the Environmental Council of the States. ERIS is not a membership organization.
The purposes of ERIS are:
- To improve the environment of the United States; and
- To further the understanding of the roles and activities of the states in the federal system with respect to environmental protection; and
- To conduct environmental policy research including the dissemination of results through publications, meetings, electronic media, and similar venues; and
- To act as a forum where state environmental policy makers interact with other environmental stakeholders regarding environmental policy in the United States; and
- To provide education programs to assist in the development of environmental policy in the United States; and
- To support and operate on behalf of the Environmental Council of the States.
State Research Needs
The ERIS Board has been working with EPA's Office of Research and Development to provide input on state research needs and to share information from EPA on research being conducted.
2013 Survey of State Research Needs
A paper on EPA research that addresses a 2013 list of state research needs is available here.
The Interstate Technology & Regulatory Council (ITRC)
ITRC is a state led coalition of regulators, industry experts, academia, citizen stakeholders, and federal partners working together ro increase regulatory acceptance of state-of-the-art environmental technologies and approaches. To find out more about ITRC visit www.itrcweb.org
State Authorities and Practices regarding Management of Wastewater Systems
This report is available here.
ERIS Board Members:
David Paylor, President
Bob King, Vice President
Bill Holman, Secretary-Treasurer
Leo Drozdoff, Board Member
Christopher Jones, Board Member
John Mitchell, Board Member
Sara Pauley, Board Member